Storage pool created on the "wrong" vg

Hello all,

(Hopefully, I am posing this question to the correct list!)

I seem to have mis-clicked through the creation of an LVM-based storage pool in virt-manager and it is using a volume group containing LVs dedicated to the root/swap filesystems. As these are active LVs, there seems no way to remove this pool. Is that true?

My reading thus far suggests that, with LVM storage units, you can't delete them from the pool without REALLY deleting them from the VG.

I'm "new enough" to KVM to be missing something obvious, but I'd be pretty shocked if a "structure" like a storage pool can't be deconstructed.

Kind regards,
Alaric