Re: live migration error without shared storage

On 10/28/2011 12:54 AM, Luengffy XUE wrote:

As to the actual error, I'm not sure if I can offer advice until I try to
reproduce it, but I do know that --copy-storage-all hasn't received as much
testing.  Make sure that an empty file exists on the destination prior to
the migration attempt, in case the error is stemming from qemu on the
destination unable to open the file with SELinux permissions in force.

I  have created the right image file on the destination host.I have already
reardown the apparmor. I want to know how to shut down the selinux on the
ubuntu server.

SELinux and AppArmor are competing security measures, and tend to not be installed on the same machine. SELinux is typically Fedora-based, while Ubuntu favors AppArmor - but I'm not familiar enough with AppArmor to know if that would be the root cause of your problems.

Also, what version of libvirt are you using?  Newer libvirt tries harder to
avoid the lame error messages from qemu being unable to start a migration
without giving any reasons why.

The version of libvit I am using is:

Compiled against library  :  libvir 0.8.8
Using library:      libvir  0.8.8
Using API :  QEMU 0.8.8
Runing hypervisor: QEMU 0.14.0

Are you comfortable building libvirt yourself? The latest version is 0.9.6, and has had some improvements in helping diagnose the causes of migration failures.

--
Eric Blake   eblake@xxxxxxxxxx    +1-801-349-2682