Re: Importing images

On 09/29/2010 07:04 AM, kevin gilbert wrote:
I have a dual boot machine and would love to import the Windows image into a
VM. I've checked the documentation and Google and have not seen anything
mentioned about this.

Oops. Just realised you might be asking instead about a "1 time operation" to turn the Windows install into a VM, with no intention of
continuing to use it as a dual boot.

If you're purely looking to clone your windows installation, into a brand new VM (using new storage), than that's doable. There's a common
term for it called "p2v", meaning "physical to virtual", which Googling
for should bring up a bunch of info and steps. :)

Either way, hope that helps. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Is it possible?