Re: Importing images

On 09/29/2010 07:04 AM, kevin gilbert wrote:
I have a dual boot machine and would love to import the Windows image into a
VM. I've checked the documentation and Google and have not seen anything
mentioned about this.

Is it possible?

Hi Kev,

Technically, as an "experimental" thing to do, it can be done, with
significant effort.  But, it may take several re-installations of
Windows to get it working, so it's probably not what you're after.

Also, it may do Bad Things to your windows activation licensing. :/

There's an email thread, showing the kind of issues involved with this,
from just a few months ago:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2010-June/msg00000.html

Hope that helps. :)

Regards and best wishes,