Re: Mac OS X: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed

On 10/09/2010 05:19 AM, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
Justin,

No problem, I appreciate you even responding/attempting. I'll
cross-post this onto libvirt-dev then.

Heh. They forwarded it to me internally, as I've "been doing stuff for OSX". :/

One of them did point out that it's probably something to do with the
linker not exporting a symbol on MacOS X for some reason.

By default (so I'm told), libvirt uses some kind of linker script to
do the linking at compile time, and the symbols it exports are in the
file <libvirt_source_dir>/src/libvirt_public.syms.

It looks to be a plain text file of simple structure, but there's no
mention of the word "Thread" in it anywhere.

Don't suppose you know much about linking scripts? :)

(yeah, I'm reaching :>)

As for the alternate FFI API, this is was due to a bug in a very early
version of the Ruby FFI bridge. By default, all FFI libraries are now
loaded using DynamicLibrary#open, as far as I know (I've contributed
some to the project). I'll take a look again to make sure this is
still the case.

Thanks,
Mitchell