Re: Mac OS X: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed

On 10/08/2010 06:00 PM, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
I'm using the Ruby/FFI libvirt library and getting this consistently
on Mac OS X:

ruby-1.9.2-p0>  FFI::Libvirt.virInitialize
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _virThreadInitialize
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libvirt.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _virThreadInitialize
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libvirt.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

Trace/BPT trap

I exported DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES and it shows that libvirt.dylib is
loaded in the process space, but the above still occurs. When I
statically link into a C program it works fine, however. Anyone have
any idea what could be causing this?

If this doesn't get a response, I'll post it to the dev list, since
its perhaps relevant to them as well.

Hi Mitchell,

Which build of libvirt do you have on the OSX box?

Asking because some work has been happening recently to get libvirt
into the Homebrew packaging (on OSX).

The version added yesterday (0.8.4-6) is the latest one, so I'm
thinking it might be worth trying that if you're using an older
version?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift