Re: [virt-tools-list] Usability Enhancement: Import/Export VMs GUI

On 2016-03-14 11:00, Martin Kletzander wrote:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:32:15PM +0000, bancfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Cool, now I'm wondering whether we also mention distros that are based
on leveraging libvirt on our apps page [1]

The initial import process with virsh commands puts off many newbies who lack the technical skills to get up and running. This is the single most coveted feature that comes up. It would be great if you guys can make it
happen at GSoC :)

Since virt-v2v can already quickly do that, I'm not sure the idea is big
enough that it would be enough for such project.  It would be basically
a file chooser, button and running 'virt-v2v' with proper parameters if
I'm not mistaken.

Martin

[1] https://libvirt.org/apps.html

I've been reading up on virt-v2v as a potential one line command solution for guest import but it seems this specific usecase is not what it was made for and this feature was ripped out:

https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2015/09/18/importing-kvm-guests-to-ovirt-or-rhev/#content