Re: Install RHEL6 from tmpfs

>> Below are is the content of kickstart file to copy the repo to tmpfs created out of system RAM.

>> mount -t tmpfs -o size=1g tmpfs /mnt/isodir mkdir /mnt/isomount
>> mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/isomount
>> cd /mnt/isodir
>> tar -xzvf /mnt/isomount/repo.tgz
>> umount /dev/sda2

I think Anaconda Installer's image of stage2 contains the /usr/bin/anaonda script. which calls for the execution of pre scripts.

So I think you are using tmpfs as partition for obtaining stage2 image will not be helpful.
Because  you are mounting tmpfs in pre scripts, which executes later. but referring in a early section of install.
So I think you should modify the install method arguement in kickstrt file

>> 2. created the tar out of cdrom contents and kept in / dir 3. Below are is the content of kickstart file to copy the repo to tmpfs created out of system RAM.
>> harddrive --partition=tmpfs --dir=/mnt/isodir

modify the above as below:-

harddrive --partition=sda2  --dir=/mnt/isodir

 or generate UUID of sda2

harddrive  --partition=disk/by-uuid/UUID --dir=/mnt/isodir

Hope it helps.