Re: Install RHEL6 from tmpfs

Hi ,

I have a suggestion, Please check If they are helpful to you.

Would you please modify  ks=hd:sda2:/ks-sa.cfg to ks=hs:UUID='$DEVICE_UUID':ks-sa.cfg

where
DEVICE_UUID is the UUID of /dev/sda2, you can use blkid for getting the value

Also modify

>> harddrive --partition=tmpfs --dir=/mnt/isodir

>> harddrive --partition=disk/by-uuid/XXYY-ZZ

Where disk/by-uuid/XXYY-ZZ is the UUID of the partition you are using for Installation

>> created the tar out of cdrom contents and kept in / dir

Also I think, but I am not sure that, there should not be tar for a ISO tree. because installer search for stage2 image from that location. SO It is better you  keep it as ISO .

Thanks and Regards,

Anant garg