RE: Anaconda/kickstart with SuSE/UnitedLinux RPMs?

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Egan Ford wrote:

> Why not use the native network installer for SuSE (autoyast)?  It performs all
> the same functions as kickstart.

For some being able to do this could actually make migrating to SuSE
easieer because they have automated scripts to rebuild RH ISO's with
various rpms being added or excluded.  So being able to do this with a
set of rpms from a non-redhat distribution only using RedHat's anaconda
would be a fairly usefull thing to some.  Also, anaconda is just an
installer; determining what it would take to use it with an "alien"
distribution might help make the code better.

Cheers...james

P.S. If you did not guess I am very interested to see if anyone has
already done this with SuSE rpms.