RE: Specifying an exact partition scheme?

Well, you said you don't want to "hack fdisk", but it works for me:

#STUFF removed
%include /tmp/partfile
%packages
#STUFF removed
%pre
#STUFF removed
ls /proc/ide/hdb > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then # hdb means cdrom is not hda, so ide disks exist
  echo "Setting up IDE based partitioning" > /dev/tty3
  echo "Setting up IDE based partitioning at `date`" >> /tmp/reyinstall.log
# okay, here we have to use fdisk to do partitioning instead of letting
# anaconda do it.  We already know its an ide device.  Just have to create
# the right partitions with the right sizes

# start out fresh
echo | fdisk /dev/hda << EOF
EOF
# now start creating partitions
echo | fdisk /dev/hda << EOF
1

+64M
2

+4096M

+2048M

+2047M
7
82

+512M

+448M

+320M

+256M
EOF
  echo "IDE based partitioning completed" > /dev/tty3
  echo "IDE based partitioning completed at `date`" >> /tmp/reyinstall.log
  fdisk -l > /dev/tty3
  fdisk -l >> /tmp/reyinstall.log
  cat >> /tmp/partfile << EOF
part /boot --onpart hda1
part swap  --onpart hda7
part /     --onpart hda10
part /tmp  --onpart hda6
part /usr  --onpart hda5
part /var  --onpart hda8
part /opt  --onpart hda11
part /rs1  --onpart hda9
EOF
  echo "/dev/hda11" > /tmp/INSMGR_DEV
else # if no hdb, then cdrom is hda, and scsi disks exist
  echo "Setting up SCSI based partitioning" > /dev/tty3
  echo "Setting up SCSI based partitioning at `date`" >> /tmp/reyinstall.log
# okay, here we have to use fdisk to do partitioning instead of letting
# anaconda do it.  We already know its a scsi device.  Just have to create
# the right partitions with the right sizes

# start out fresh
echo | fdisk /dev/sda << EOF
EOF
# now start creating partitions
echo | fdisk /dev/sda << EOF
1

+64M
2

+4096M

+2048M

+2047M
7
82

+512M

+448M

+320M

+256M
EOF
  echo "SCSI based partitioning completed" > /dev/tty3
  echo "SCSI based partitioning completed at `date`" >> /tmp/reyinstall.log
  fdisk -l > /dev/tty3
  fdisk -l >> /tmp/reyinstall.log
  cat >> /tmp/partfile << EOF
part /boot --onpart sda1