Kickstarting RH9 with RH7.2 anaconda ?

Hello Folks,

we are kickstarting our application servers with a stripped RH72 package list.
As a result our system runs on a propriarity hardware using roundbout 200 MB disk space.

I worked hard (and learned a lot) to customize the anaconda to kickstart our application as required.

Now the next big deal is the change of our application platform from RH7.2 to RH9.

My idea is to use the customized RH7.2 anaconda installer and just change the underlying
packages as required to save time and money and not to work in customizing the anaconda
again.
Updating the RH72 comps file with a new package list and change the RedHat/RPMS
directory content should be sufficient. First trials are promising.

Has anyone done this or similar efforts before ?
Are there any concerns against this procedure or is there something I have to take care about ?

Any comments and reports are appreciated

Dirk
Dirk Albert
Siemens AG, PG L 621, Germany
* Tel.: +49 - 9131 - 18 82206