Re: PXE building from a e1000 network card with 10/100 router

When I faced exactly the same problem, I had to:

1) Correct the entry for Default Gateway that my
DHDHCPerver was providing.
2) Enabled "port-fast" for the network port. I am not
a networking guy, so not sure how exactly this is to
be done at the switch.

-AM

--- T Jackson <jajacksotomameritechet> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a IBM x345 with 2 integrated Intel 1000
> network
> card (e1000) I am trying to run a kikickstart>
installation using dhdhcppxpxetftftpand nfnfs The
> x345
> boots and performs the pxpxeequest and retrieves the
> vmvmlinuzand ininitrdmimgbut when it gets to
> anaconda
> it performs a ipipequest and a few minutes later it
> returns a error "/tmtmps.cfcfgnot found.
>
> Is there anyway to force the e1000 driver to go 100
> full duplex instead of auto negotiating with the
> router which is set to 10/100 Full Duplex
>
> Now this kikickstartetup works for a x330 with built
> in 10/100 Intel cards.
>
> Any Ideals
>
> The boot image I am using is from reredhatS 2.1 in
> /images/pxpxebootninitrdverything.imimg>
/images/pxpxebottmvmlinuz>