Re: Comps.xml - mandatory vs default

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:12:02 -0600
Rebecca.R.Hepper@xxxxxxxxxxx [rebecca] wrote:

rebecca> I am using RH 9.0.  I am trying to trim down the packages that get
rebecca> installed for security reasons.  I am a bit confused by the comps.xml file
rebecca> & the difference between mandatory and default?.

this means that when installing your distro you'll
be able to select some groups, each groups is made of
packages which are:
- mandatory: will be installed no matter what
- default: will be installed but you can 'unselect' them
- optional: won't be installed but you can select them

if you kickstart the installation process, both mandatory
and default will be installed.
you can of course get rid of them with a '-' in the package list.

--
Alain