RE: Little help with a post call to partition

You could also try something like this:

	fdisk /dev/sdb << EOF
	1

	1
	83
	EOF
	mke2fs -j /dev/sdb1

This should create a new partition (#1) on /dev/sdb that takes all the space
on the disk, sets the file system type to Linux (83), prints the new
partition table to the screen, writes the partition information and quits.
Then it makes a journaled ext2 filesystem (ext3) on the partition.

Basically just take the commands you'd normally use in fdisk and sandwich
them between the fdisk command line and the EOF.  Then make your file system
after the partition is ready.

Jason...