Re: Little help with a post call to partition

If you wanted, you could do it like so:

echo -e "p\nq\n" | fdisk

However, it sure is a pain if you miss a \n. So it is a little more readable on separate lines:

echo "p
" | fdisk

- or as was mentioned and is sometimes a preferred format of: -

cat << EOF | fdisk
EOF

Of course there is also other choices of fdisk:
fdisk, sfdisk, cfdisk, and I know I'm missing a few others (parted and others).

But if you want just plain and simple fdisk to run, then the above works great.

--RB