Re: Ejecting CDROM in %POST?

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:27:53AM -0400, csw@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I did consider removing 'reboot' from my ks.cfg, but only as a last
> resort. I think it would be nice to insert the CDROM, start the machine
> and come back when everything is done to see a login prompt.
>
> I just added 'eject /dev/cdrom' to my %POST and that command did not
> seem to execute. Note that the CD tray on the machines I have will not
> close automatically on reboot. This is something other people have come
> across. So I should be ok as long as the command properly executes and
> the CD tray opens before reboot.

Here's an idea ( ==> I don't know if it'll work  ;-) .

I don't know how well /dev/bios is supported anymore, so this may || maynot
work.

1. Setup the machine to boot from the HDD. Take a dump of the BIOS. Save it
   in your install CD (or somewhere accessible during install).
2. Change the BIOS over to boot from CDROM.
3. After you have installed the OS, dump the "hdd boot" BIOS image (from
   step 1) onto /dev/bios, and reboot.

This will prevent the machine from booting from the CDROM on reboot.

Ajay

PS: Oops, forgot the final step
	4.  Profit!!!