Re: adding python popup in %pre of kickstart to get user input

I was just reviewing anaconda documentation that comes with RH AS 3 Beta
and found the following 'ksdevice', which you may be looking for (I
havnt tested this myself - but you may :) This way just have multiple
pxe options, one for each possible NIC that they may want to choose
from.

Cliff.

[root@rhas3beta-dev anaconda-9.0.6]# grep -B2 -A3 ksdevice
/usr/share/doc/anaconda-9.0.6/command-line.txt
serial          Turns on serial console support.

ksdevice        Takes an argument like 'eth0', tells install what
network
                device to use for kickstart from network.

ks              Kickstart over NFS.

[root@rhas3beta-dev anaconda-9.0.6]# grep -B2 -A5 ksdevice
/usr/share/doc/anaconda-9.0.6/kickstart-docs.txt
            numeric IP address of the machine being installed.

   ksdevice=<device>
          The  installation  program will use this network device
          to  connect  to  the  network.  For example, to start a
          kickstart  installation  with  the kickstart file on an
          NFS  server that is connected to the system through the
          eth1  device,  use  the command ks=nfs:<server>:/<path>
          ksdevice=eth1 at the boot: prompt.

  Notes

   [1] This option is new to Red Hat Linux 9.