Very slow FTP installs

Title: Message
Hello,

I use kickstart install for installing Red Hat 9 clients. I have run into some issues with the FTP install method speed. I have attached the ks.cfg.

Here is the scenario:

I have one FTP server running Red Hat 9 (I tried vsftpd and proftpd). I created two installation floppies and 1 installation CD (custom iso image with ks.cfg file included). Everything have been working fine since last week. Full Red Hat 9 install (~3.5 GB) took 15 minutes to install. Now (I am looking at the installation screen) takes 1:48:33 h. Of course it varies. Sometime it is 1 h some other time 4 h.

I have checked the FTP server because I thought that it may be causing some issues. But the FTP sever is fine. I can run a ncftp session as a anonymous user and download all Red Hat/RPMS folder with 6 MB/sec speed.

I've checked different machines (means different net drivers HP and IBM) and do know what could be the problem.

The client during the installation is almost all the time 99% idle. The time between one package download and the next one is very long (30 seconds).

Here is my question:

How can I debug what is happening?

I would appreciate any help from you,

Thanks and my best regards,
Piotr Wolak

ks.cfg:

#Kickstart file for Full Linux RedHat 9 installation

#System  language
lang en_US
#Language modules to install
langsupport  --default=en_US
#System keyboard
keyboard us
#System mouse
mouse --emulthree genericps/2
#Sytem timezone
timezone America/New_York
#Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $1924872978429834028efkshjfwhjf
#Reboot after installation
#Use text mode install
text
#Install Red Hat Linux instead of upgrade
install
#Use Web installation
url --url ftp://linuxinst/linux/9/en/i386
#System bootloader configuration
bootloader --location=mbr
#Clear the Master Boot Record
zerombr yes
#Partition clearing information
clearpart --all --initlabel
#Disk partitioning information
part / --fstype ext3 --size 1 --grow --asprimary
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 100
part swap --size 2048
#System authorization infomation
auth  --useshadow  --enablemd5  --enablenis --nisdomain cae.bosenet --enablecache
#Network information
network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0
#Firewall configuration
firewall --disabled