Setting time

So I have a few time related questions wrt kickstarting and installing.
Currently we pre-set the time in the bios before kickstarting, because
of one part of our %post section that deals with tar extracted files
will fail if the file timestamps are in the future.  My question is; is
there a way to use ntpdate or ntp to set the time on the box during the
install?  Sure I can do it in %post right before my tar part, but I
wonder what this will do to the timestamps on all the files installed
via RPM and various post sections of rpm installation.  Where does
anaconda get it's time from, the BIOS?  And when rpms are installed in
the sysimage/ area, does it also get it's time from the bios?  Is there
any way to adjust this prior to the rpms being installed, or should I
even worry about it?

TIA!
--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE