Re: RH9 Kickstart over network

Chris Adams said:
> You shouldn't need that.  If you've got the right module for your card
> (and it is the one that corresponds in pcitable to the PCI ID of your
> card), it will load automatically.
>
> Try my script from:
>
> http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/misc/custom-modules.pl-1.3
>
> It will do all the steps necessary to rebuild a boot floppy with a
> specified set of modules.  The modules in the image by default that can
> be removed in most cases (to provide enough space for the ones you add)
> are:
>
>   usb-storage (if not installing from USB)
>   sr_mod (if not installing from SCSI or USB CDROM)
>   nfs,lockd,sunrpc (if not installing from NFS)
>   vga16fb,fbcon-vga-planes (if frame buffer mode is not required)
>
> The script can also remove other files from the boot image, like the
> splash.lss image and the *.msg files (you'll need to modify syslinux.cfg
> as well).

 Thanks for the feedback. I have tried your script and the same thing. I need the
device line for some reason. Maybe it's because of this Dell GX1p and the on-board
nic? I'll do a bit more digging. It never probes the network card nor does it try
to load it. It prompts me to select a network driver, since I am doing a ftp
install.

 I like your script btw. It does all the stuff I was doing by hand :)

 - Mike