Re: RH9 Kickstart over network

Once upon a time, Mike Smith <mike@xxxxxxx> said:
>  Thanks for the feedback. I have tried your script and the same thing.
>  I need the device line for some reason. Maybe it's because of this
>  Dell GX1p and the on-board nic? I'll do a bit more digging. It never
>  probes the network card nor does it try to load it. It prompts me to
>  select a network driver, since I am doing a ftp install.

Is it a PCI card, or is it an ISA card?  AFAIK, just putting the module
on the image will work for any auto-detectable device, but RHL doesn't
probe for ISA devices anymore (which is a good thing).

I don't know of any way to force an ISA module, because the %pre section
is run after netstage1 is loaded (so the network has to already be up).

>  I like your script btw. It does all the stuff I was doing by hand :)

After I did it by hand twice, I wrote a script (because I have now done
this dozens of times at least).  What can I say, I'm lazy! :-)
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>