Re: RH9 Kickstart over network

Once upon a time, Mike Smith <mike@xxxxxxx> said:
>  I rebuilt my initrd.img from the bootdisk.img and I added 3c59x.o to
>  the the modules.cgz and updated the pcitable, module-info, and
>  modules.dep. After checking the docs for kickstart I added the
>  following to ks.cfg
>
>  device eth 3c59x

You shouldn't need that.  If you've got the right module for your card
(and it is the one that corresponds in pcitable to the PCI ID of your
card), it will load automatically.

Try my script from:

http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/misc/custom-modules.pl-1.3

It will do all the steps necessary to rebuild a boot floppy with a
specified set of modules.  The modules in the image by default that can
be removed in most cases (to provide enough space for the ones you add)
are:

  usb-storage (if not installing from USB)
  sr_mod (if not installing from SCSI or USB CDROM)
  nfs,lockd,sunrpc (if not installing from NFS)
  vga16fb,fbcon-vga-planes (if frame buffer mode is not required)

The script can also remove other files from the boot image, like the
splash.lss image and the *.msg files (you'll need to modify syslinux.cfg
as well).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>