Re: reboot during kickstart

SV> Do you want to reboot BEFORE the kickstart is finished?

Yes, in order to "abort" the current kickstart installation so a different kickstart can be performed.

Background:
- Performing kickstart installations of various versions of Red Hat Linux (7.2, AS2.1, 7.3, 8.0, and 9) on several pxe capable machines. - SSH is enabled during the %pre section of kickstart so that status of the installation can be determined and monitored remotely. - Testing is performed on the installed system (i.e. after kickstart finishes and the server is rebooted to the full OS) via SSH.

All of the above is controlled by a main control script which runs on the PXE server. This control script instructs which server to load which OS and which tests to run after the OS is up and running.

On occasion I need to abort the current tests and reload with new ones. I am looking into various recovery means (whether during kickstart or after the OS is running) to be able to restart testing without having to physically go punch the power button on each computer.

Sincerely,
Richard Black