Re: RH 9.0 Kickstart Network Issues

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 09:44:47AM -0400, Lance Rochelle wrote:
> We actually have the same type of issue, but it may not be related to
> kickstart.  The problem we are having is that when the machine is forced
> to 100mb full duplex and the switch (especially Cisco, and Foundry) are
> set to autonegotiate, they never seem to negotiate properly.  The fix that
> we did was to force the swtich the 100fdx and force it on the card as
> well.

This is the nature of auto-negotiation, if you force it you have to force
it at both ends, otherwise the end attempting to negotiate will just fall
back to whatever it's default is, usually 10/half.

--
Jason Kohles                         A witty saying proves nothing.
email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   -- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)