Re: Different kickstartfiles based on selection from boot.msg

On 23 May 2003, Johnny Ljunggren wrote:

> fre, 2003-05-23 kl. 02:56 skrev John:
>
> > > I have twelve different kickstartfiles and would like to use different
> > > ones based on input from the user. ie if the user presses F1 the
> > > kickstartfile named ks-ws1.cfg will be used, or if F2 is pressed
> > > ks-ws2.cfg will be used.
> > > Any way to do this?
> >
> > At what point do you want this?
> > To do it at boot time, you'd need to change syslinux, pxelinux or
> > whatever.
>
> I mean when boot.msg is displayed you normally get the options of
> looking at the rescue.msg, expert.msg etc (default Fx-keys). I have
> changed the options to F1-Install WS1 F2-Install WS2. I don't know how
> to change syslinux.cfg to start an install when pressing Fx-keys rather

You can't do that, because the underlying program doesn't offer that
functionality.

Your choices are for the user to enter "WS1, "WS2" etc, or for you to
change the program to do as you wish.

It _would_ be rather a cute thing to do.

--
Please, reply only to the list.