Re: Different kickstartfiles based on selection from boot.msg

fre, 2003-05-23 kl. 02:56 skrev John:

> > I have twelve different kickstartfiles and would like to use different
> > ones based on input from the user. ie if the user presses F1 the
> > kickstartfile named ks-ws1.cfg will be used, or if F2 is pressed
> > ks-ws2.cfg will be used.
> > Any way to do this?
>
> At what point do you want this?
> To do it at boot time, you'd need to change syslinux, pxelinux or
> whatever.

I mean when boot.msg is displayed you normally get the options of
looking at the rescue.msg, expert.msg etc (default Fx-keys). I have
changed the options to F1-Install WS1 F2-Install WS2. I don't know how
to change syslinux.cfg to start an install when pressing Fx-keys rather
than showing a message.
eg:
Normal install:
Boot with cd or floppy made from the RedHat cd's
boot.msg shows some information.
User presses F5 to see the rescue message
(according to syslinux.cfg: F5 rescue.msg)

My install:
Boot with customized cd or floppy
boot.msg shows some customized information
User presses F2 to do an install with ks-ws2.cfg
(according to syslinux.cfg: <need help here>

--
Johnny Ljunggren, Priv: Bærefjellvn 15, 3160 STOKKE
Tlf: 33 07 10 77 (jobb) 918 50 411 (mob) 33 33 62 52 (priv)