Re: update redhat 8 kickstart

PZ> 3. Remove duplicate RPMS (using Jason Tibbitts perl script posted
PZ> on this list).

My name in lights!

Anyway, that script just works by looking at filenames, so it missed
this:

PZ> * glibc-common-2.3.2-4.80 conflicts with to-be-installed package
PZ> glibc-2.3.3, removing glibc from set

glibc-common and glibc must conflict somehow.  I think that they
conflict because their versions are not identical.  All of the glibc
packages must have the same versions, across all architectures you
have in the tree (i386, i586, i686, athlon, etc.).  So you must have
missed downloading some packages, or accidentally deleted the wrong
ones.  (My script doesn't delete anything; it just finds any sets of
RPMs in a directory that have the same base package name and arch.
Better scripts have been posted here, but they take much longer to run
because they parse the RPM headers.)

 - J<