Re: PXE net install question

A minor update, for the archives:

On a contiguous network the broadcast finding of the PXE server worked fine, without the next-server info on the DHCP box. Having said that, the kernel (initrd-everything from 7.3 disks) crashed utterly whenever trying to loadup the harddrives:
cramfs: wrong magic
and some FAT errors. Both initrd images (-everything and normal) had the same behavior.

Booting from the 7.3 CD's worked fine.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to grab and setup pxelinux as recommended, as this project had a deadline. I will continue to play with the RH PXE RPM environment and see if I can duplicate and or solve the problem I had.

THanks for all the replies. VERY helpful!

-Matthew