Re: Adding updates to a KS-ISO-install

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Cipriano Groenendal wrote:

>Is there an easy way to integrate the new updates into a RedHat CD? I
>remember seeing a script once that did it but it only worked for 6.2 IIRC.

Fetch the latest packages from updates.redhat.com or a mirror.
Delete the old packages and copy the new into RedHat/RPMS.
Run genhdlist (from the anaconda-runtime package) on the directory.
Burn a new CD.

I've written scripts to do steps 1 and 2, but they're rather specific to
my setup and aren't very obvious, so I won't inflict them on the list.

Cheers,

Phil