Re: kickstart documentation?

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, adel wrote:

> hi
> I  work in a school where we have 200 computers  working with WINDOWS  98.
> The hard disks are partitioned in C: and d:
> I want to install linux red hat 7.2 on them without deleting WINDOWS.
> can you give me documentation about that.
> thanks

Use LTSP.

http://www.ltsp.org/

http://www.rom-o-matic.net/

You need to configure your network card with a boot ROM, and install
an LTSP server (big n fat) on your network.

The Network boot ROM will ask you
Network boot or Local (N, L) ?

pause for 1 sec, and default to network boot.
A network boot does not use your hard disk at all.

rom-o-matic will bake you a different cake if you want it.
You can even get an lzlilo image and use that instead of a boot ROM.

If you type L, it will use the hard disk, just like you have it now.

Cheers,     Andy!