Re: kickstart documentation?

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, adel wrote:

> hi
> I  work in a school where we have 200 computers  working with WINDOWS  98.
> The hard disks are partitioned in C: and d:
> I want to install linux red hat 7.2 on them without deleting WINDOWS.
> can you give me documentation about that.
> thanks

How do you propose to find disk space?

Why RHL 7.2 and not 7.3? Unless you have good reason, 7.3 is preferable.

Would you be willing to contemplate a setup where you have just one
computer with a full installation and the others booting a very small
system and using the one for users to do their work on?

In doing that, ypur 200 computers don't need to be anything special
(maybe Pentiums) though a reasonable graphics card would be good. Quite
conceivable these could all boot from CD.

The one needs to be better than average, but maybe not a lot. The
savings in hardware and administration can be enormous.

See http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2001/0823.xterminal.html