Re: Issue with NFS install of 8.0

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 03:32:44PM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> CR> The installer thinks that it is making the mount call, but there
> CR> is no traffic to the Tru64 Unix 5.1a server.
>
> I know this is a long shot but it's worth a try: are you absolutely
> sure that you're not having an ARP issue?  I've had issues where one
> machine will install fine, but then another won't because the DHCP
> server handed out the same IP address (after all, the first machine
> specifically let go of its lease) but the ARP cache on the server had
> yet to expire.

Thanks for the thought, it would be a good idea if the IP were dynamic,
but in this case the DHCP server is handing out a static address to any
given MAC.

I'm wondering if there is anything we can pull apart or change from
initrd.img, perhaps to force the use of NFSv2 or something?

Graham
Graham Allan
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota