Re: Issue with NFS install of 8.0

We had this very problem with Red Hat 7.3.  I believe that this is due to
a problem with the NFS version 3 code in the installer.  The installer
thinks that it is making the mount call, but there is no traffic to the
Tru64 Unix 5.1a server.  It worked fine for us under Red Hat 6.2 and 7.1
and we'd hoped that this would have been fixed by Red Hat 8.0.  Perhaps by
Red Hat 8.1?  We were forced into doing floppy-based kickstarts.  Ugh.

Carl

Carl G. Riches
Software Engineer
Department of Mathematics
Box 354350			voice:     206-543-5082 or 206-616-3636
University of Washington	fax:       206-543-0397
Seattle, WA  98195-4350		internet:  riches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx