Issue with NFS install of 8.0

I'm having an issue where an NFS-based Kickstart install fails at a
very early point when using Redhat 8.0.

We're booting from the bootnet floppy and using "linux ks" to get IP
information from DHCP, and the kickstart file and installation tree over
NFS from a Tru64 Unix 5.1A server.

This has worked fine with Redhat 6.2 and 7.2, but with 8.0, the NFS
access simply seems to fail outright. It's hard to tell *exactly* where
the problem is, since the only real message is "install exited
abnormally". The very last message on the "alt-f3" screen is:

  ks server: 128.101.xxx.xxx:/export/linux/redhat/kickstart file:
  128.101.xxx.xxx-kickstart

so it's at the point of looking for the config file, but the NFS server
never shows any mount attempt.

Now, if I put the kickstart config file on the floppy, still with an
NFS installation defined, and boot with "linux ks=floppy", it still
fails. But if I then alter the floppy's ks.cfg to install from an FTP
server instead, it works!

Then, just to add to the confusion, after the FTP installation has
completed, the now-running Redhat 8.0 system can mount both the
installation tree and config file area from the Tru64 NFS server with
no problem.

So I can only guess there's some issue with the bootnet disk's NFS
client and its interaction with the Tru64 NFS server, but I don't
really know where to go from here. I'd be grateful for any ideas!

Thanks,

Graham
Graham Allan
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota