serial console kickstart

Greetings,

I'm trying to extend a kickstart setup to include RLX server blade provisioning.  The blades lack video/kbd or emulation; they expect the OS to be serial-console-capable.  The 7.3 kickstart initrd seems to lack alot of components needed for serial console support.  Is anyone aware of an official procedure or image for kickstart-via-serial or am I on my own grafting serial console support in?  I haven't found anything in mail archives or newsgroups that cover this except for machines with hardware support for serial console, which, ironically, the headless rlx blades seem to lack (or at least their implementation leaves alot to be desired)

Any pointers are appreciated,
Hunter Modes