Re: NFS Kickstart: "Don't Fall back to cd"

> I'm doing some kickstarts on machines that boot up using dhcp, and then
> they mount the install media using nfs.  Problem is, it seems that it
> tries to mount the nfs directory 3 times, after which it automagically
> falls back to looking on the CD (which I really only use to boot) for
> the installation media.

AFAIK there are three different images for the installation. One for CD
installation, one for network installation and one for installing from
images on hd. If you want to do a NFS installation you need to boot the
RHCD:images/bootnet.img. You can do this by copying it to floppy or CD or
by copying the included vmlinuz and initrd.img on HD and boot them.

> The thing is - I don't want it to do that AT ALL.  Is there a way to
> say:
>
> "Mount your install media here, and if you try 3 times and it still
> fails, then just tell me instead of falling back to the cd, or halt or
> something"?

Yes. Do not use the Red Hat install CD.

Florian Festi