From: kickstart-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kickstart-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of K . Spoon
Sent: 16 July 2002 23:09
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Duplex Setting with Network Driver

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 11:31:58PM -0400, Buro, Nicholas F wrote:

> Yes, it does seem to work without issues, so I will probably end up
> using it on the kickstart disk, and then possibly use the tg3
> driver.

Just drop something into %post like:

 perl -pi -e 's/bcm5700/tg3/g' /etc/modules.conf

> Is the driver located on broadcom's site?  I can't seem to find the
> 2.2.27  version you mentioned. That would be very helpful to check
> out, I wasn't aware that there was active development on the
> broadcom one.

Nope... apparently they (Broadcom) don't distribute any drivers and
rely on
their OEMs to handle it (ie, Dell, Compaq, whoever).  You might want
try looking through the source to see if there's a developer's email
addy you can try.

Side note: just tried a kickstart of 7.3 with the 2.2.27 bcm5700
driver,
and for some reason the card can't set up a defaultroute... so maybe
that's not the best route to be going down.  :-)

- --
Kelley Spoon                                        Main:
210-892-4000
Rackspace Managed Hosting                            Fax:
210-892-4329
112 East Pecan, Suite 600                  Email:
kspoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
San Antonio, TX 78205
<http://www.rackspace.com>