Re: Creating an ia64 bootable cdrom

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 16:36, Tony Nugent wrote:
> On Wed Mar 27 2002 at 11:20, "Taylor, ForrestX" wrote:
> > > Is there a Howto on this topic?
>
> > Only the kickstart/anaconda-devel archives.
>
> Which is a real blot on redhat, they appear to have a total lack of
> committment to allowing others to do this sort of thing without
> going through a lot of hassles and pain.  Oh, the tools are there
> (bugs and all), but NO documentation for how to use them.  It has
> been (still is) a painful process for me to figure out what's going
> on.

FWIW, it's not so much "lack of committment" as "too many other pots on
the fire".  I'm working on getting at least some level of documentation
for some of these things shoved into the anaconda package, but to be
honest, I just don't have the time to sit down and write full
documentation of it.  As always, we tend to accept patches, including
new files which document some of the bits of the process.  Otherwise,
I'll keep plodding along and eventually get to where there's more
documentation.  Not enough hours in the day between classes and work.

On the subject of just update mechanisms, we actually do have a pretty
complete list of ways that you can do installs and use update disks
(either as real disks or just images that get sucked in for the likes of
ftp/http installs) in the anaconda in Skipjack.  Take a look at
/usr/share/doc/anaconda-version/install-methods.txt

Cheers,

Jeremy