Newest kernel on installation

Hi!

If I have understood correctly, it is possible to install newest available kernel
(trying with redhat's 2.4.9-21) during installation.
I've been trying to do that, but it does not work for some reason.
Here is the steps I've gone through:

Updated all new but kernel rpms in RPMS-directory and ran genhdlist
(./genhdlist /export/kickstart/RH-72)
Kickstart installation was a success after that step.

Then I replaced all kernel rpms in the same directory and ran
]# /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall --comp /export/kickstart/RH-72/RedHat/base /export/kickstart/RH-72

and it gave a few error messages:
/usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir: failed to create directory in /export/kickstart/RH-72/RedHat/instimage/usr/share/fonts/ISO8859-2/*
rm: cannot remove `/export/kickstart/RH-72/RedHat/instimage/usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir': No such file or directory
Scrubbing trees... /export/kickstart/RH-72/image-template/usr/sbin/chroot: cannot execute usr/sbin/ldconfig: No such file or directory
Scrubbing trees... /export/kickstart/RH-72/RedHat/instimage/usr/sbin/chroot: cannot execute usr/sbin/ldconfig: No such file or directory
<---clip--->
Removing unused python files in hdimage... /usr/sbin/chroot: cannot execute /usr/bin/anaconda: No such file or directory
done.

And quite a many lines those "Module <name> not found in kernel rpm" error messages.

Then I made a new boot disk from newly created image found in "/export/kickstart/RH-72/images//bootnet.img"

Then I tried to use kickstart installation, but right after the client has gained it's ip and mounted nfs-directory it stops
the installation printing this message to the screen:
Running anaconda - please wait...
exec: No such file or directory
install exited abnormally

So, I'm wondering where the problem is. Is it because during buildinstall anaconda cannot be found or something else?

Well, I suppose that this could be bypassed by using "rpm -i kernel..." in post section, but that doesn't seem to be the
correct way... ;-)

Regards,

Osmo Laitinen