Re: Determining if system has multiple processors in %post section

Post install scripts run in a ramdisk environment.  The filesystem for the
ramdisk environment, for RH 7.1,  is in the RedHat/base/stage2.img file,
on the first CD.  Copy the stage2.img file to disk, and do:

# cd <to a directory where you want to mount the stage2 filesystem>
# mkdir stage2
# mount stage2.img stage2 -o loop	# mount stage2 using the loopback device
# cd stage2
# ls					# this is the "root" of the ramdisk
# cd usr/lib/anaconda
# cp <the directory where smp.py lives>/smp.py smp.py	# see NOTE, below
# chmod 755 smp.py
# cd <back to where you mounted the stage2 filesystem>
# umount stage2

NOTE: I put my extra python scripts into the anaconda directory, along
with the other python scripts which anaconda uses.  You'll have to add
/usr/lib/anaconda to your PATH in your kickstart post-install script.
Or, you can put the script in one of the other directories used
by default by post-install scripts.  And, no, I don't remember that
PATH off the top of my head; I think it includes /bin and /usr/bin.

Now that you have a modified stage2.img, to use it, you'll either need
to re-burn the CD, or do an over-the-network install.

For burning a RedHat CD, start with:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/RedHat-CD-HOWTO.html

That document may be getting a little out of date, though.

For over-the-network installs, there have been previous articles on this list
about how to do a network install, how to consolidate CD1 and CD2 into a
single directory, and so on.

--Seth Alford
setha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx