dhcp problem

Title: FW: %post problem
Has anybody seen this:

We have two separately managed networks, the corporate 2wire.com and engineering's
eng.2wire.com.  They have separate DHCP servers, but is sharing the kickstart servers.

The kickstart floppy uses unqualified hosts names for our kickstart server (kickbot).  The
idea is that the same floppy can be used everywhere, as long as "kickbot" resolves.

However, on the engineering network, the resolver file in the initial (memory based) version
of Linux has a only a single line with on name server.  The second name server and the
domain name is missing.  Using DHCP to configure an already installed machine gets
the correct resolver content.

As I said, we only see thin on the engineering network.  We cannot recreate the problem
on the corporate network (for the same hardware).  BTW, the corp network uses mickey-soft
DHCP servers while eng used Linux (RedHat 7.0).

Linda