previous problem resolution plus new question

First, I'd like to say thanks to everyone on the list for helping me with
the problems I've had to date.  I've finally made it through a success
kickstart installation over the network that left the machine in a bootable
state with more or less what I wanted on it.

For those that were curious the resolution to my last problem where I had a
python stack trace that ended with "TypeError: bad magic in header" was the
result of the fact that I was trying to use an undocumented feature that
appeared to be supported but was not -- I had seen something (anaconda? I
dunno) try to failover to URLs like so:

	http://site/kickstart/disc1/RedHat
		and
	http://site/kickstart/disc2/RedHat

after being unsuccessful at accessing a URL like

	http://site/kickstart/RedHat

So I assumed that you could set something up in this format, and basically I
just used the loop device to mount the two engmia iso images under disc1 and
disc2 -- however apparently the portion of the installer that actually
retrieves things doesn't like to see things in that directory structure so I
ended up having to bite the bullet and copying the contents of the two iso
images into a common directory so that the files could be accessed via the
second URL listed above.

Anyway, now I have a another question.  We have a couple dozen servers that
are all very similar but have 3 or 4 different drive configurations -- some
have a single 9 gig drive, some have two 9 gig drives and some have a single
18g drive.  I imagine I could probably set up a partitioning scheme with the
growable stuff that gets everything into roughly the shape I'd like, but I
would rather have different partitioning schemes for different systems based
on what drives they have.  If I'm not mistaken I can do this by having the
pre-install scripts modify the /tmp/ks.cfg files after checking what drives
are installed.  Basically what I'm wondering is, does this seem like a good
way of doing this or is there some other facility already provided for this
sort of thing or is anyone aware of an obviously better way to do it?

Thanks,
-
John