From: Ryan Allen
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 4:48 PM
Subject: boot: ks= paremeters for bootable cdrom

I'm getting an error:    cannot find kiskstart file:  /tmp/ks.cfg
My syslinux.cfg  says  ks=floppy

This worked when booting off floppy for NFS, but now its all on a standalone CDROM.  What should the parameter be for CD installs?  My ks.cfg lives in the bootable portion of the cdrom (an El Torito floppy image).

I supposes I could make a copy of the ks.cfg and put it on the cdrom's root and do ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg
But that seems redundant??  I would like to test the rest of the automated install before burning another CD-rom by manually entering the boot: parameters.

Anybody know?  It doesn't appear to be in the manual.

Thanks!

Ryan Allen
Senior Test Engineer
F5 NETWORKS