kickstart disk with higher capacity

hello

i am trying to use a floppy disk with a capacity of 1722 kb to get all the
stuff (modules) at one disk.
the problem is: the ks.cfg on the floppy cannt be readed. (i dont want to use
ks.cfg via nfs).
what i tried is: rewrite in the anaconda source the file isys/devnodes.c from
  ----
    { "fd0",            2,      0,      0 },
  ----
  ----
    { "fd0",            2,      60,      0 },
  ----
to change the minor number of the floppy inode to match my needs.
copied the loader-network to bin/loader into the initrd.
i also recompiled the boot kernel, modules ; all with kernel 2.4.16.
i think i did all right, but i run into troubles, i get:
some unresolved symbols from vfat
and a Kickstart error: Error opening: kickstart file: /tmp/ks.cfg: no such
file or directory.
and on console 3: * failed to mount floppy: no such device

now after all my question: is there an easier way to boot from a 1722 floppy
or something like this (1760, ...)?

thanks to all.