Re: Kickstart w/ 1 CD

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:32:58AM -0500, Ethan James wrote:
> I just figured it out, the installer must check to see if the every
> entry in the comps file corresponds with those in the hdlist files.  So
> I just deleted everything but the base install from the comps since its
> all pretty irrelevant with a kickstart install.

I am not sure the other sections are irrelevant in the comps file during
kickstart.  You can keep you kickstart config files much shorter if you use
the "shortcuts" from comps.
e.g.
%packages
@ Base
@ Classic X Window System
@ Network Support
@ Web Server

I think I have never run into the problem of missing RPMS because I have
generated a single cd image by moving the unnecessary RPMS to disc2,
and generated disc 2 iso but never burned it.

Chuck