Re: RH7.2 and 6 partitions on one disk

Hi All,

Thanks for all your responses.  As to most of my problems with kickstart,
it turned out to be a user error, and had nothing to do with the number
of partitions.

Basically, if you add up all the "sizes" from below, it's about 76.5GB, and the
disk is supposed to be a 80GB disk.  But in reality, the disk is only
76GB and I was allocating about .5 GB too much.  So when I dropped the
size of /usr/local down to 20GB, kickstart works fine.

---------- snippit from ks.cfg -----------
part / --size 2000
part swap --size 2048
part /var --size 2500
part /export/home --size 20000
part /usr/solarislocal --size 25000
part /usr/local --size 25000 --grow --maxsize 1000000

Thanks to everyone for helping me find my blunder.

Cheryl

--
Cheryl Southard
cld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx