Re: RH7.2 and 6 partitions on one disk

"Cheryl L. Southard" wrote:
try this instead works for me got 8 partitions including swaps

p.s. can't see the include :-(

zerombr yes
clearpart all
part swap --size 512	(this is memory size anyone have any pointers on swap
sizing ?)
part swap --size 512	(yes we use 2 of them)
part /boot --size 32	(may want to upgrade the kernel)
part / --size 500		(not to big because of /root/)
part /root/			(solaris guys realise they now have a home for themselves
a.k.a. /root/ :-))
part /tmp --size 250	(dump)
part /home --size 2500	(lots of users, use your desktop as a dumping ground
not the server)
part /usr --size 3500	(may want to build a few things)
part /var --size 2000	(we log a lot)
part /usr/solarislocal --size 2000 --grow

hope this helps :-)

yours a.r.b.

> Hi All,
>
> Since 80 GB disks are now cheeply available, we decided to get one for
> our new Linux server.  I've been using kickstart to configure these things
> and I need 6 partitions on one disk.  I can get 5 on a disk, but as soon
> as I add the 6th, kickstart and anaconda barfs on me when attempting
> to layout and format the disk.  Does anyone have any clues as to why
> this happens?
>
> Enclosed is my ks.cfg file.  Note, that this config file works, but if I
> uncomment the line "part /usr/solarislocal --size 25000", it will barf.

hi,
  I'm speculating here, but it might be that kickstart can't deal with
more than one primary and 4 logical partitions. does anyone know how
kickstart decides how to use primary and extended partitions?

Jason Edgecombe