Using kickstart

Here is how I was planning to use kickstart:

First, I was going to setup the machine to have all the packages
that I wanted and remove those that I didn't.

Then I was going to use the mkkickstart utility to create my ks.cfg.
 That way I would have a ks.cfg file that could potentially put the
machine back together just by putting in the boot disk and the CD-
rom.

However, I see a few problems:

First, I don't need two CD's.  The rpm's that I am using only take up
about 140mb of diskspace.

Second, will I just need to modify comps like Yiping suggested or
am I going to have to use the genhdlist utility?

If I do have to use genhdlist utility, is there a way just to get the
binary of that?  I tried using the anaconda rpm, but the machine
has no development stuff loaded on it.  Maybe there is an easier
way?

Am I going about this all wrong?

Mike

Michael Barsalou