RE: Problem with syslinux.cfg

> "Taylor, ForrestX" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have created a KS cdrom with a boot image , containing
> a compressed
> > > initrd.img, this in turn contains my ks.cfg file.
> syslinux.cfg in the
> > > boot.img contains
> > >
> > > default kickstart
> > > prompt 0
> > > label kickstart
> > >   kernel vmlinuz
> > >   append ks=file:kickstart/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img
> >
> > Where is your ks.cfg in relation to your initrd?  If it is
> in the top level,
> > you need to change this to:
> >
> > append ks=file:/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img
> >
> > That should work.  You don't want to use ks=cdrom:...
> because it won't work.
> > Are you doing Red Hat 6.2 or 7.x?
> >
> > Forrest

> Hi
>
> I am using 7.1  I tried the ks=file:/ks.cfg when the ks.cfg was in the
> root of my compressed initrd.img  this didnt even try to read
> the ks.cfg
> but went straight into a normal install.  Once I put the
> ks.cfg in the /
> of the normal cdrom filesystem it did , but then gave Cannot find
> /tmp/ks.cfg
>
> S.
>

> --
> Stephen Johnston

I have always done it this way, and it has always worked.  When it says that
it cannot find /tmp/ks.cfg, that means that it couldn't find your ks.cfg to
copy to /tmp.  This is what I use in syslinux.cfg when I have my ks.cfg file
in the compressed initrd.img:

default ks
prompt 1
timeout 60 ...

label ks
kernel vmlinuz
append ks=file:/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount

This will wait 6 seconds at the boot prompt, and then continue using the ks
label.  Did you use something similar?  Did you run genhdlist before you
created the CD?

Forrest